Is your relationship taking a toll on you? Are you struggling to connect with your partner? Does the idea of working on your relationship make you feel exhausted? You are not alone. The Gottman Institute states that the average couple waits six years before seeking help for marital problems and even then only 19% of couples actually seek out couples counseling.
Here is the key: You do not need to be in crisis to benefit from couples counseling.
Here are 5 signs that couples counseling may be helpful to you and your partner:
- Your communication patterns are no longer effective. Your arguments have become destructive as opposed to constructive.
- One or both of you feel like your needs are not being met.
- There is a breakdown of trust within your relationship.
- You and your partner are no longer connecting in deep intimate ways. Your connection has become surface level.
- You and/ or your partner are struggling with difficult life circumstances like the death of a parent or sickness of a child.
You and your partner do not have to suffer through this on your own. All relationships take hard work and REST Charlotte can help. Reach out today to schedule with a couples therapist!